We know that your organization is dealing with many changes and challenges with the COVID-19 pandemic. Commonwealth Medicine is at the forefront of this crisis. We’re working with clients in several emergent situations – including developing new protocols to stop the spread of COVID-19 plus strategic planning, project management, data analytics, and resource deployment and implementation.
The Commonwealth Medicine team of health care professionals – including clinical, policy, and financing leaders – are ready to help you manage the COVID-19 crisis. Our services support:
- Command Center Management – Standing up centralized support centers to serve as a single point of operation for effective decision making and monitoring multiple situations in real-time.
- Temporary Waivers – Helping states implement temporary waivers, so more people qualify for Medicaid services.
- Staffing – Assessing staffing and training requirements to maintain core activities without interruption through this crisis—and building essential supporting mechanisms, such as a dedicated online job portal to help find qualified health care professionals.
- Research – Evaluating research needs and conducting data cleaning and laboratory-based analysis to turn volumes of data into actionable insights.
- Policy Guidance – Advising on federal and state policy changes to maintain and improve systems and processes through the crisis, including telehealth policy, behavioral health licensure, workforce development, and financial stabilization.
- Service Model Development – Developing and implementing new modes of service, such as teleconsultation, ensuring that it is efficient and sustainable post-COVID-19.
- Translation Services – Creating a culturally sensitive atmosphere by providing access to translation services for COVID-19 information. Available languages include Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Haitian Creole.
- Return To Work Virtual Call Center – Implementing clinically-focused virtual call centers to manage the return to work transitions of state employees after a COVID-19-related absence. Our experts developed protocols aligned with evolving CDC guidance and designed an employee-centered warm hand-off to HR and benefits’ resources.
Fill out the form below or reach out to our Office of Client Relations at 774-455-6500 or 508-856-4842 if you have any questions or need assistance.