Disability Evaluation Services offers streamlined, high-quality, and cost-effective disability determination services for state and local government agencies and retirement boards seeking to improve their benefit eligibility services for individuals with disabilities. Because of our technical expertise, we were selected in 2018 as a consultant/preferred vendor for U.S. Social Security Administration Short Term Policy Research and Evaluation call orders. Our capabilities include the following:
- A capacity to simultaneously apply the rules of one or several disability-based federal and state benefit programs
- An unparalleled cadre of more than 75 licensed clinical staff including Registered Nurses and Certified Vocational staff experienced in disability evaluation
- A group of more than 30 onsite licensed physicians including psychologists, psychiatrists, internal medicine physicians and specialists in pediatrics, cardiology, occupational medicine, emergency medicine and nephrology
- Development of treating source information via a web-based document management system
- Recruitment and maintenance of a state-wide multi-specialty medical and psychological consultative examination network
Our onsite clinical staff offer a quality-tested approach that incorporates both a medical and vocational review of each case as appropriate. Our coordinated determination process exceeds benchmarks for both state and federal programs and delivers results in a timely and cost-effective manner. We maintain these high-quality standards while handling more than 40,000 disability determinations each year. We currently provide services for Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Missouri.
Our disability determination services include the following areas:
- We provide state Medicaid agencies and retirement boards with comprehensive or specialized disability determination services depending on their needs.
- Our team can help state agencies and retirement boards get through backlogs by taking on elements of the case development process, including web-based medical records collection and document management, consulting services and expert medical and vocational decision-making.
- Our licensed clinical staff, including Registered Nurses, Physicians, Psychologists and Certified Vocational professionals, conduct medical reviews by gathering information, reviewing medical history, and applying SSI/SSD federal law and regulations to determine disability, and provide testimony regarding the applicant’s condition.