As a participant in the Postgraduate Year 1 (PGY1) Managed Care Pharmacy Residency at UMass Medical School, you will work to provide optimal patient care as you collaborate with Medicaid agencies and nonprofit managed care organizations across the nation.
This PGY1 Managed Care Pharmacy Residency is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, in partnership with the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy — the first and only program in New England to earn this distinction.
Residents function as active members of our operational and clinical teams. As an essential part of the organization, you have specific responsibilities:
- Formulary management through preparation and presentation of evidence-based clinical recommendations
- Problem-solving through personal clinical judgment and in collaborative team discussions
- Quality assurance analyses to monitor trends and potential impact on clinical and economic outcomes
- Business management, including budgetary considerations and marketing
- Participation in day-to-day clinical activities, as well as development of new initiatives
- Application of clinical research skills
- Enhancement of business and health care communication skills
- In-house patient care with a multidisciplinary health care team
- Maintenance of our drug information resource CPS Insider and newsletterPipeline Trends, which provides market intelligence to keep our clients informed of the newest drugs and delivery systems
As contributing members of our pharmacy team, residents enjoy many benefits:
- Personal workspace
- Regular hours
- Salary with insurance benefits
- Paid holiday, personal, vacation, and sick time
- Professional development and conference attendance
- Named credit on all their published work
- Potential future employment
Contact us for more information.