The health care system is evolving so quickly that it can be difficult for health and human service professionals to remain on top of the latest research, information, and policies. Consumers also struggle to understand the changing scope of health care and insurance.
We customize online and in-person training programs to provide the knowledge and foster the skills and values that health care and human service professionals require to address the complex needs of all populations — particularly the most vulnerable — and keep pace with advances in health care practice. These include continuing education programs for physicians, nurses, mental health professionals, and others members of multidisciplinary teams. We also educate consumers to better understand the resources available, make informed choices, and advocate for themselves.
- Modeling and providing practice transformation strategies for clinical practices and provider organizationzs via learning collaboratives, webinars, presentations, toolkits, online courses, technical assistance and the development of a Community of Practice for ongoing support of providers
- Rapid dissemination of state-of-the-art HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis guidelines for doctors, nurses and other health professionals though the New England AIDS Education and Training Center.
- Continuing education and Fundamentals for Medical Interpreting© for bilingual spoken language and American Sign Language interpreters
- Core competency courses and continuing education for personal and home care aides to increase their knowledge by teaching in their preferred language to prepare them for the increasing demand for their services and improve retention in this growth field
- Educating employers about hiring people with disabilities, training career counselors to meet the needs of this population, and proving career counseling and job coaching to individuals with disabilities through Work Without Limits and BenePLAN
- Clinical training for health disciplines related to intellectual and developmental disabilities and to the prevention and care of HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis
- Health literacy and cultural competency courses tailored to include all members of the health care team
- Courses and up-to-date information on publicly sponsored health insurance options and enrollment processes for assisters, navigators and certified application counselors
- Training, certification, and support for Medicaid-funded behavioral health professionals in Massachusetts who serve children under the age of 21 and use the Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) tool
- Online, interactive training programs to help families and professionals touched by or working in the fields of autism and other intellectual and developmental disabilities through UDiscovering
- A criminal justice health care consortium for researchers, clinicians, administrators, educators, policy makers, and grant funding leaders
- Managed care pharmacy residency program jointly accredited by the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy and the American Society of Health System Pharmacists
- Continuing education programs for health care providers regarding the latest research, policy and practices related to HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis diagnosis and treatment through the New England AIDS Education and Training Center
- Learning opportunities for more than 6,000 youth, students, and health care professionals each year through the MassAHEC Network, part of a national network of Area Health Education Centers.