We strive to develop and grow a diverse, culturally responsive health care workforce and raise awareness of underemployment among individuals with disabilities. A strong workforce depends on attracting, training, and mentoring a steady stream of workers for high-demand jobs, as well as ensuring those already in the field have continuous education, training, and mentorship to be skilled and effective in their roles.
Our team assists state agencies, health care, and community-based organizations by assessing workforce needs, providing programs to attract potential employees, developing effective education and training opportunities, and connecting individuals with disabilities with potential employers.
Education and training opportunities include:
- Medical Interpreter Training, using both spoken languages and American Sign Language, to improve understanding between clinicians and patients with limited English proficiency in MassHealth-funded settings.
- Our Direct Care Workers program, which provides core competency training for individuals to become personal care homemakers and attendants.
- Work Without Limits, a statewide network of employers and partners that is working to increase employment among individuals with disabilities.
- Clinical Pharmacy Services’ Managed Care Residency Program, the only managed care residency program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists in New England.
- Academic Consortium on Criminal Justice Health, which works to advance the practice of health care for individuals and populations in the criminal justice system.
- Our New England AIDS Education and Training Center, providing education, training, technical assistance, skills building and clinical mentoring opportunities for health care providers addressing effective counseling, diagnosis, treatment and care management of people living with HIV/AIDS and those at risk for HIV/AIDS.
- Technical assistance, shared learning and consultation to clinical practices undergoing practice transformation with a focus on competency development.