Children are one of our most vulnerable populations, and can have special health care and support needs because of complex medical conditions or disabilities. We help families, and the children they care for, access the most appropriate health care services and supports for their needs – regardless of health conditions, age, or family circumstances.
Our work has a positive impact on children, families, and caregivers in a number of ways:
- We offer nationally recognized policy expertise on the Children’s Health Insurance Program, funded through state Medicaid and federal dollars.
- We operate the New England Newborn Screening Program, which screens all babies born in Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont for rare health conditions that could lead to disabilities or death if not diagnosed within the first few days of life.
- We manage the Community Case Management Program on behalf of MassHealth, providing children and adults with complex medical conditions, who are among the highest utilizers of services, access to clinically appropriate long-term services and supports.
- We developed and oversee the Pediatric Behavioral Health Medication Initiative to ensure safe and effective utilization of behavioral health medications for pediatric MassHealth members.
- Our health careers pipeline increases statewide access to educational opportunities in health care to hundreds of high school and college students in underserved communities.
- We provide administrative support, including training, communications, data management, and evaluation services, to the Family Resource Center Network, an initiative of the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families.