Drug prices across the U.S. continue to escalate, adding millions of dollars to states’ drug spend. States, health plans, managed care organizations, and pharmacy benefit managers are challenged to navigate the following:
- Higher prices of brand-name, generic, and specialty drugs
- Increased prescription drug use due to an aging population
- Increased access to health care
- Greater consumer demand for new medications
Having managed statewide pharmacy programs for more than 15 years, we have an understanding of the resources and strategies needed to curb medication costs while improving treatment outcomes. Some of our most successful clinical pharmacy support strategies include:
- Medication therapy management
- Hepatitis C therapeutic class management
- Opioid management
- Improving and enhancing Medicare Star Ratings
- Cost containment strategies
- Data analytics
- Addressing pediatric behavioral health polypharmacy
Our pharmacy services are enhanced by clinical policy expertise, data analytics capabilities, and our clinical and customer service call centers. With an in-depth knowledge of the constraints our clients face, we make sure our solutions are in full compliance with state and federal regulations, and that the money invested provides clients and their members with the highest value.
Pharmacy Residency Program
Clinical Pharmacy Services offers a Postgraduate Year 1 (PGY1) Managed Care Pharmacy Residency Program. Visit our residency program website to learn more.