Thank you for taking the first step in volunteering with the Vaccine Corps. Our vision is to create the largest pool of volunteers to assist with growing vaccine efforts throughout the Commonwealth. Our mission is to vaccinate as many people as possible to help put an end to the pandemic.
The Vaccine Corps is looking for volunteers to deploy to various settings from mobile units to small clinics and large-scale vaccination sites.
Volunteers can perform a wide variety of duties in a vaccination effort. Those who are licensed healthcare professionals can administer the vaccine, monitor vaccine recipients for side effects, assist with vaccine preparation, and oversee student vaccinators.
Students in any of the following health care professions can be trained to administer the vaccine and can do so under the supervision of a licensed provider:
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Dental Professionals
- Dental Hygienists
By volunteering, you will be playing a crucial role in fighting the greatest public health crisis in more than 100 years.
Here’s what you can expect:
Step 1: Registration
- You will receive a confirmation of your registration.
- Your information will be reviewed within five business days.
Step 2: Application Processing
- You may receive an email requesting additional information.
- After your application is successfully processed, you will receive an email with current volunteer needs.
Step 3: Match
- Once you select a volunteer opportunity, schedule yourself for a clinic.
- You will be placed on an email list that will notify you as new opportunities become available.
Step 4: Deploy
- When you are matched to an opportunity, you will receive a confirmation email with scheduled location and related details.
- Your participation is pivotal to successful immunizations. Please arrive on time for your shift and check in with the shift lead/point person.
Questions? Please refer to our Volunteer FAQs.
You may email questions to VaccineCorpsHelp@umassmed.edu.
New COVID-19 vaccination clinics are emerging all over Massachusetts, and with them, the growing need for volunteers to help in all aspects of administering vaccines to tens of thousands of people. By registering to volunteer now, we will know your availability as new clinics are created.
Thank you again for joining the fight to stamp out COVID-19. Please click here to register to volunteer.
About the Vaccine Corps
The concept of a volunteer vaccine corps was initially outlined in a Boston Globe opinion column authored by UMass President Marty Meehan and UMass Chan Medical School Chancellor Michael F. Collins. The corps would provide college-age students, recent graduates, and others with an opportunity to serve their communities during the historic effort to end the pandemic while offering public health leaders the opportunity to leverage an untapped reservoir of talent, energy, and selflessness.
UMass Chan Medical School acknowledges with great appreciation philanthropic support of the Vaccine Corps.
|The Frias Family/S&F Concrete||The Kraft Group|
|The Tsotsis Family||Melvin S. Cutler Charitable Foundation|
|The DuFour Family|